Sunday, November 4, 2007

Do we have a name???



Ok, I think I posted my name a few weeks back. But I had the wrong name. Sometimes I really do wonder about me! :) I had found a name that meant "believing God is good". I found it the night after I had made the commitment to believe that God is good no matter how I "feel". I thought that was so cool. I remembered liking the name, then I went to sleep. I didn't mark the name and when I got up the next morning, I found Tobias, and thought, "You really liked that name???!!!" Well, later John reminded me that it was Toben that I had liked and it has the same meaning.

So we have been discussing this name. Then last Thursday, I felt like God really spoke to me and told me to begin preparing for him to come just like I would for a baby being born, so I got really serious about the name thing. I love the fact that Toben has such great significance...just like when people were named in the Old Testament, he would carry the name of God's journey in my life during our wait for him! So John asked Noah today and Noah thinks we should name him Toben, but call him Ben. So it looks like we MIGHT have a name of Toben "Ben" Obadiah Petree. I'll call him anything if I can just get him home and kiss those cheeks!

5 comments:

steffany said...

Love it!

Emily said...

I like it!

Anonymous said...

Great name!

Crystal said...

I think it is the coolest name : ) Love, Crystal

Christi said...

I love the name! We have changed our minds about names no less than 32 times!!! He is beautiful by the way!