Friday, November 16, 2007

Why I do it......

I lifted this quote off a new friends website. Jody and her husband are leaving tomorrow for Sierra Leone to go to court for the adoption of beautiful twins. Here is the link: ttp://landersadoption.blogspot.com/ We have e-mailed back and forth several times. Has opened some old wounds, but that is good. It is time to deal with what I have stuffed and truly move on! But this quote says so much about why I do what I do!

“As far as I am concerned, the greatest suffering is to feel alone, unwanted, unloved. The greatest suffering is also having no one, forgetting what an intimate, truly human relationship is, not knowing what it means to be loved, not having a family or friends.” (Mother Teresa)

This is why I spend hours on the computer asnwering e-mails to families, this is why I answer the phone at 4:00 am to hear about the latest update in Liberia, this is why when a news story says they are having a hard time finding foster families, I immediatly want to sign up, this is why I am bringing home a precious little boy when many think my plate is already too full! What I am most loooking forward to in heaven is that there will be no forgotten children! All children will be loved, running and playing with full bellies and full hearts! I can't wait!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Amen!!!!!!!!!! Lonliness is the one thing people most fear. We are built by God to have families.

steffany said...

That has to be the cutest picture EVER!

Anonymous said...

What a great quote.

I feel the exact same way. I also cannot wait for heaven where no child is orphaned.

I also think we would be close friends if we lived closer! We think a lot alike. I love it!

Toben is absolutely adorable. My goodness he has to be the cutest little guy ever!

I love the "new look" on your blog. It is super cute!