Thursday, November 22, 2007

List of Thanks.....

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays! This year I was more sentimental than most with one of my children half way around the world! Yet, even with that, today was a day that I know I am blessed beyond measure and I truly felt it! So many times I look around at people who have more, more things, nicer clothes, better family life, but today I truly felt that I was the richest and happiest person around! I like this feeling! :)

So as many bloggers have done over this past week, here is my list of things that make my Thanksgiving list for 2007!

  • I have a Lord and Saviour who never gives up and me and is full of grace and mercy!

  • I have three healthy children and one more who will be here soon!

  • I will be celebrating 10 years of marriage in a month! John and I have had our rough times when I didn't think we would make it and honestly, didn't want to make it! But God always put me in a position where I could not leave, and I am so thankful! To think I would have missed out on life with John and my family in tact makes me ill! John and I still have our issues as all marriages do, but I am so excited about what the future holds and am so thankful we took our marriage vows seriously and we have both toughed out the storms! I love you, John!

  • We have seen 12 children come from Liberia to America to be in loving Christian homes.

  • I have a beautiful home that has an empty bedroom! :)

  • I have wonderful inlaws who are my biggest cheerleaders!

  • I was able to host BOTH sides of the family for Thanksgiving! I know we are blessed to be able to do that for many reasons. Our families have not always been able to be in the same room at one time, but they have put their differences aside for the sake of John, me and our children and I am so thankful! What a blessing to sit around a table with all the most important people in my life and share a meal and memories!

  • Wonderful friends who understand my calling to adoption and walk this crazy journey with me!


There are so many more things, but I guess I will stop there so that I can get to bed.....have to be at my first store at 4:00 am! :) I have my list made and my strategy in place! Now I need to get some rest so I will be conscious when I am shopping....stat tuned to later posts for pictures of our rare white Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great list!