Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Journey: Met her, held her, loved her!

Yesterday was a big day! I took "Sally" to her visitation. So I got to meet Baby Girl and Sally's mom. Baby Girl is beautiful! She is a chunky baby! So big for only 7 weeks old! But she is gorgeous! My kids all loved her! Callie help her, and Toben kept asking when we get to take her home.

We thought we would know that answer today. But God decided to send a blizzard, well at least that is what it looked like to to us West Texas folk, and poured down more snow than I have seen here in centuries! Not sure how much we got, but it was a good 3-4 inches in our front yard. When you get snow like that in West Texas, EVERYTHING shuts down...and that includes courts. :( So it is rescheduled for Friday at 2:30.

Plenty of time to set up the baby bed. But man, my heart it killing me! It wants to love that precious baby so much! But I just can't fully let it until I know she will be in our home. I thought it might be hard to love a foster child since I know there is a chance that they will leave. That was put to rest yesterday! The minute she was in my arms, I was wrapped...right around her chubby little finger! She has these large brown/black eyes that would turn and look at me whenever I talked. Melted my heart each time she did it! Noah did the same thing when we brought him home from the hospital.

Callie is learning patience as she is having the hardest time with the postponement of the court date. And I am continuing to learn how to keep doing the little things and not being distracted by the big things!