Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Friends....

yes, it has been a tough month! But it all seemed to melt away last night when my friend Tracy surprised me last night! She came over and took me to dinner! My wonderful husband kept our four kids and Tracy's little girl who is close to Ava's age and Tracy treated me to dinner out!

Tracy and I met in high school. We reconnected after we ended up in the same Sunday School class right after John and I married. She threw my baby shower for Callie! We have both moved several times since then, but always stayed in touch as she comes "home" to see her parents and always takes time to see me! What a true friend!!! I have not been so great to do that when I lived off! But Tracy and I have one of those friendships where we can not talk for months and when we do again, we just pick up right where we left off! It is pretty amazing!

Last night we both shared our hard times and good times since last we met...but most importantly we just laughed! Well maybe not most importantly, because Tracy said so many things that God used to encourage me. She refocused me on what is important..she encouraged me in my work, my marriage, my home!

So Tracy, THANK YOU!!!!! And God THANK YOU for Tracy! I often say on here that John and I have no friends....that really is not true! We don't have friends that we get together with often, but God has blessed us with amazing people whose relationships stand the test of time and miles!

Tracy, God used you to refuel me yesterday! I feel ready to conquer the world today, which is good because I have some letter to write, AND Bush is coming home! So the P-trees are going to see the President! The kids get out of school early, and I have to leave the office because roads are being shut down....I figure it is a once in a lifetime experience to be the first to great an Ex-President as he leaves office, so we will go sit for four hours to see him for about 30 minutes! :)

3 comments:

Crystal said...

What a blessing friends are and exciting to see Bush, please let us know if you see him : ) God Bless you~

Christi said...

How fun! We have enjoyed seeing you all this past week. The parties still continue!

Amanda said...

I miss my friend!