Saturday, January 10, 2009

My African Boy!

Today at Callie and Noah's basketball games, I ran into a friend of mine who has an amazing ministry! One day I need to share her story here! She is the mother of 7 African-American children. She is anglo. Her children were born here in the US...they are "domestic" in adoption terms.

When she came over to talk to me, her 3 year old little girl came with her. We introduced Toben and her little girl. Her little girl said, "hello", and Toben said to this precious dark brown girl sitting on her white momma's lap with the biggest grin on his face, "I am from Africa, too!"

2 comments:

These Three Kings said...

oh how precious!!! cant wait to hear about her story!!

Crystal said...

Love that!!! My kids say that to African Americans we play with at the park and chat with at the grocery store. Luke is confused, now are people from Africa or they African American? SO it has brought up much needed discussion about the history of slavery in our country. Hope all is going well in '09 for you!!! Love, Crystal