Friday, January 2, 2009

New Family Member Teaches Valuable Lesson!


Meet the newest P-tree! This is Precious or Pete! We will let you know just as soon as we know if we have boy kitty or girl kitty! I can't tell yet...if there are any cat experts near me, please feel free to come by and let me know so we can start calling him/her something besides "The Kitty"!


Now let me explain! We had another possible baby situation the week before Christmas. I got a little excited, then I got panicked, and then the mother decided to parent. While I am not sure as I have said before how we would pay for the adoption fees to adopt a baby, or maybe even the formula and diapers that it would take to car for the baby or where I would fit one in, I LOVE babies! Callie wanted a hamster from "Santa", so that got me looking at pet stores, etc. Well, I really miss our cat that decided the house down the street was better than us! We could never really keep him in the house because we brought him from our country home in Garden City, and he really liked roaming...I was never a cat person before Pinocchio, but he was so sweet, that he made me a cat lover too! And this whole baby roller coaster thing I have been on was giving me the need to "Mother" something that didn't talk back and want to crawl out of my lap! Getting a kitten might not have been the brightest idea...and I admit I didn't really pray about it because I wanted one, and didn't want to hear a "no", so I just didn't ask! Boy, the was mature!

John and I were not doing Christmas for each other due to the debt issue, but he had bought himself something, and I wanted a kitty! So after discussing it, he said I could...actually, he tried to surprise me with a kitty, but by the time he got there, it was gone. I didn't know this, but kitties are hard to find in December! Every time we would call on one, it was gone. We could find plenty that were 2-4 months, but no really small, 6 weeks or so. There was one list on Craig's List for a momma and her three babies. So I e-mailed. Long story short (I know, too late!), I ended up with one of those kitties...not yet weaned! So I have been bottle feeding Precious/Pete for three weeks now! She is precious! And she follows me everywhere! When she hears my voice, she comes running!


Well, while I love this bonding we are having, I am ready for her to eat out of a bowl and not a bottle! So I have been trying to get her to "lap" her food. She is going on six weeks now, so this should work, right? Well, no one told her that! She will have nothing to do with the food. I stick her face in it, and she just sits there! Then when I get the bottle close to her, she goes nuts until she has her mouth on it and can start sucking! Beats all I have ever seen!


Well, this morning, when I was sitting on the floor getting kitty formula/rice cereal mush sprayed all over me with her flying paws, I thought, why will you not eat off this spoon?! I am so tired of having to hand feed you all the time! It is really time for you to start doing this on your own! And I got that feeling like I get when I think God is laughing at me because I have repeated things He has said to me! You know, the feeling you get when you start hearing your mother, only the words came out of your mouth? Well, that was me this morning, only it was God! So I said, yes, God, I get it! You want me to make sure I am feeding myself, spending time with you, seeking you so you don't have to spoon feed me.


Then I kept feeding Princess/Pete and she put her claw in one of the many scratches on my hand! I said, "Ouch! You are hurting the wounds you put there!" Then I got that feeling again! Ouch! Sorry, God! How many times do I put my "claws" in his old wounds? How many times does he hear the hammers hitting that nail again when I walk in disobedience? Wow! Just another reminder that whatever God calls me to or asks me to do, I have to do it....He has the wounds from what He did for me, and every time I turn my back on him, I hurt them again! He has redeemed me, He has the wounds to show it, and I owe Him everything!