Monday, January 5, 2009

Waiting

You all may get sick of Experiencing God, but man it is rocking my world and teaching me so much! I think of many of you on the adoption journey when I read things in it....as I have to apply them to myself as I walk through all the adoptions I am responsible for also!

Today's lesson was on hearing God. One of my biggest struggles is am I hearing God, or is that my voice? One of the paragraphs really hit home in today's lesson, so I wanted to share it with all of you. Praying that if you are in a waiting pattern for anything in your life, this will encourage you! It did me! I can apply this to just about every area of my life right now....

"If you do not have clear instructions from God in a matter, pray and wait. Learn patience. Depend on God's timing, which is always right and best. Don't get in a hurry. He may withhold directions to cause you to seek Him more intently. Don't try to skip over the relationship to start doing something. God is more interested in a love relationship with you than He is in what you can do for Him. If God is having you wait, He may want to develop a deeper relationship with you before He gives you your next assignment. He may have you wait because the timing is not yet right." ~Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby

Wow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how true. Thanks for sharing!

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

I like it.

Andrea said...

Thanks for sharing! I know that our timing and His are two different things sometimes. That waiting time is sometimes the most important things that God is trying to teach. We sometimes just look at the end results and God is helping us grow with everything in between. I know He did that when we were trying to get Josie.

Andrea
http://wolfepack-mom.blogspot.com/

Nolta Family said...

We loved this Bible study when we did it about a year ago. We feel like we've gotten pretty good at waiting in our adoption journey. Are you still accepting applications for Addy's Hope? We inquired several times and are still waiting to hear.
Thanks,
Kristie