Monday, August 2, 2010

The Journey: Court date moved

We found out today that our August 26 court date has been moved. We go to court tomorrow! Let me tell you the miraculous part of that...we found out through a blip in a conversation or we might have missed it all together which would not have looked good to the judge! God is looking out for us.

Please pray for the judge as she makes her decisions for the future of Baby Girl. We are not holding our breath that Baby Girl's mom will sign termination papers, but we have total peace with that. We know God has this all under control. I can't say I am ok with Baby Girl going to live somewhere else, but I don't see that happening in the cards with this particular situation. But I also know enough about these types of situations that until the adoption papers are signed, nothing is final!

At this time, I would say my biggest fear is a family member of the dad coming out of the woodworks to want Baby Girl. I don't think the workers in this case would go for that, but the judge has the final decision.

Please pray also for Baby Girl's mom and grandmother. I fully believe Baby Girl's mom loves her the only way she knows how. That doesn't mean she can care for her in a way that is best for Baby Girl, but it does mean this is a very hard process.

We have an amazing relationship with Baby Girl's grandmother and are so thankful for that. It will provide a link for Baby Girl to her biological family that my sons don't have. We even had a chance to meet Baby Girl's aunt a couple of weeks ago. It's fun to hear family stories about her family.
Court is at 10....will update when I can!

No comments: