Monday, August 9, 2010

The Journey: Second Call


I have had a "feeling" for the past 5 or 6 days that we were going to get a call for a referral. That "feeling" was really strong earlier this afternoon when I was leaving Sams. If I had my cell phone (it had a tragic accident on our camping trip), I would have called John and told him. But I couldn't, so I figured I would e-mail him when I got home. Should have done that before I checked my missed calls. I had a missed call from Buckner. I returned the call. Sure enough, it was for a placement....but not just any placement, it was for the same little guy that we turned down a couple weeks ago! I blogged about that here. I told our worker with Buckner that we had already turned down that referral once. He was quite puzzled because this had just come in today. He was on vacation when we got the first call. Evidently they haven't found a placement for him, so they are going through the agencies again. He is in a group home right now.


Turning down the same child twice?! Really, God?! Are we supposed to say, "No" this time? Were my "feelings" so that I would take this little guy even though he might not be what my heart would desire...I always will choose the younger, the better! I have left it up to John. He is the head of our house and he will make the decision. It is times like this that I so appreciate being the one who wears the dress in the family! I can defer to John and be totally satisfied with his decision.


What has started this whole second placement thing is that God gave me a vision. I know that sounds weird...it probably is, but God did it in the Bible and I believe we serve the same God today as they did in the Bible...but that is a theology discussion for another time! In the vision, Baby Girl was sitting on the floor with another child...I assumed it was a boy, but not totally sure. I could only see the back of the child's head. The baby was around the same age as Baby Girl....give or take 6 months. The head had a full head of hair....an afro! Now I can't help but wonder, was it this little boys' head I saw? Is the little guy older than Baby Girl instead of younger. If so, then I have to let go of my dreams of a newborn, because this is the last foster baby they will place with us...six is the limit! But isn't that what this life is about....dieing to my dreams to replace them with God's! As much as I want a newborn, I know that I want what God wants worse! Whoever He has for us, that is who I want.


I imagine John will say no. We have already had this conversation about this little guy, but if he doesn't, then I will know it is a God thing. I will keep you posted! Never a dull moment at the Petrees! Got to love life when you live it full force, all out, on fire for God!

No comments: