Thursday, August 26, 2010

Not a moment late...

God was not a moment late...the one time that I would have preferred him to delay His response, He is right on time. Wouldn't ya know it?!

When we turned the orphanage over to Lifesong, I had no idea what the future of Addy's Hope or my work in adoption would look like. I knew my family had suffered greatly over the past three years and I needed to get my focus back on my family and make sure my priorities were in check with God's word.

God kept saying, take the summer off. So I did. I would try to think of what I needed to do for the future of Addy's Hope or adoption work, but God would shut down all thoughts with, "not until summer is over do I even want you asking me what you need to do." So I didn't. I spent the summer in my home with my children. I LOVED it! I am a stay at home mom through and through! I spent time doing things I hadn't done in a long time! I got some things in my home organized and running a bit more smoothly and was looking forward to doing more of that with three of five in school.

Well, God said take the summer, and he meant it! Not a moment more! On Monday, I received a call from a couple in our church who had just accepted the referral of a sibling group and needed a homestudy done right away. Then I got a call from another family that had been talking about adoption, but were ready to start the process...homestudy number two on the calendar. As the week has progressed, it has become even crazier! I have talked to two other families about adoption and praying through what they should do. At one point yesterday, I had two ladies in my dining room, one dropping off papers for a home study and the other sharing her struggle with God asking her to adopt again. At the same time both my cell phone and home phone were ringing. Although I didn't answer the phones at that moment, when I checked messages, it turned out those calls were about adoption also!

He was serious about taking the summer! And He has left no question as to what I need to do! God is doing something HUGE in our church as all but one of the situations I have mentioned are people from our church. I am so excited, I can hardly contain it! This is what I have dreamed of being part of since we adopted Noah nine years ago and I knew in my hear that God was going to use the Body of Christ to end the orphan epidemic all over the world and at the same time use the adoption of children to show the world His unconditional love!

I am struggling with balancing home and work...my biggest challenge since we started Addy's Hope. I have learned I am an all or nothing person. It is very hard for me to split my attention, time, energy, thoughts between two things. I am having to really rely on God to show me what to do each day and make sure I don't get priorities our of whack!

BUT - I am so blessed to be part of whatever it is God is doing! And I LOVE that no one can take credit for this movement because no one has gotten together and talked about it! It is just individual couples and people hearing God talk to them about adoption and then seeking out wisdom and information to walk in obedience! It is all God! How exciting is that?

I got an e-mail last night and two of the ladies are going to go with me to the Together for Adoption Conference! Can't wait! God is moving in a mighty way on behalf of His children and I am just blessed to be hanging on for the ride!

No comments: