Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Garage sale

We got Toben home a little sooner than we expected, so we were not fully ready financially! So the last part of our expenses had to go on a credit card. Now we need to pay the credit card. Can I tell you how stressful finances are?! ugh!!!!! That is enough to give me the high blood pressure right there!

Anyway, we are having a garage sale this weekend to raise money for the adoption. We did this with Eden and made $1400, but we also advertised for people to donate items to us. We haven't done that this time as I just didn't have time.

I am one of those weird people that love garage sales! I don't mind shopping them now and then, but I LOVE having them! I know, weird! I love finding things in my house that we don't use any more and getting some cash for it. I price things at what I would pay for them (I am VERY cheap!) and feel like that is helping two people. I get rid of junk and earn a few coins, and someone else gets something they need!

Our tithe from the proceeds will be going to the Orphanage Project Liberia Check out this awesome project of my two dear friends, Kami and Jeremy Johnson!
So I will report proceeds after this weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

May God bless your garage sale efforts! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

BonkLand

Not Betty Crocker said...

Hey, I'm doing the same thing for the same reason this same weekend! Great minds, huh? Good luck-hope you make all you need and then some.

missy said...

Oh, that sounds so familiar. We joked for a while that Levi wasn't paid for yet and that we bought him on plastic. Please don't take offense to that phrasing, that's not AT ALL how we view adoption, just an attempt to make light of our financial woes.

Good luck with the garage sale. There is one in my near future too and I'm not looking at all forward to it. I would much rather shop at them.

Missy

Lacy said...

What is your address so I can come by and shop?

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

HollyAnn, you are just too sweet! I hope that the garage sale went fantastic!