Saturday, April 12, 2008

God speaks.....

I am cleaning the kitchen from breakfast and have the radio on and am contemplating this adoption thing...wondering how we will ever pay for another adoption or raising another child! But I also wrestle with the complacency of Christians toward the children of this world. American Idol Gives back touched me, but I was sickened that people who don't know Christ have more compassion for the children of this world that those of us claiming to have the love of Christ. Many (even my closest friends) would say my plate is full.....I would be crazy to adopt again, yet there are children in need, and we have love to give! Then I hear the words, "I'm about to let go and do what I believe!" I believe in reaching out to children in need of a home! God does too! So I looked up the lyrics to this song....when I read all of them, I just sat with tears streaming down my face! John is down loading it right now so I can listen to it again.....I think this is going to be one of those diving (when I proofed this I saw this spelling mistake, supposed to be divine, but decided to leave it because 'diving' fits too!) moments that when I look back in a few months or years, I will know God spoke to me and moved me from my comfort to letting go!


BarlowGirl - Let Go
From the album Another Journal Entry

Yeah, I trust in You
I remember times You led me
This time it’s bigger now
And I’m afraid You’ll let me down
But how can I be certain
Will You prove Yourself again?

Chorus:
Cause I’m about to let go
And live what I believe
I can’t do a thing now
But trust that You’ll catch me
When I let go
When I let go

What is this doubt in me?
Convincing me to fear the unknown
When all along You’ve shown
Your plans are better than my own
And I know I won’t make it
If I do this all alone


3 comments:

Dawn K. said...

That CD has several powerful songs that really speak to those of us going through trials and having to trust God through them. Song #7 - Psalm 73 (especially the 2nd verse), and #11 - Never Alone (my favorite on this CD)have great lyrics. #11 is accoustic on the CD, but I have heard it in a rockier format (I like that version better), but the words are powerful. 11 is a tear-jerker.

Dawn K.

Dawn K. said...

Here are the lyrics to #11

I waited for you today
but You didn't show
No no no
I needed You today
So where did You go?
You told me to call
Said You'd be there
And though I haven't seen You
Are you still there?

Chorus:
I cried out with no reply
And I can't feel you by my side
So I'll hold tight to what I know
You're here, and I'm never alone

And though I cannot see You
And I can't explain why
Such a deep, deep reassurance
You've placed in my life
We cannot separate
'Cause You're part of me
And though You're invisible
I'll trust the unseen

Dawn K.

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

I love this post!