Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lessons from Veggie Tales

I was sitting in the take out line of a local restaraunt (why was I there??? because there was no food to cook for me and my two children! why was there no food???? because Mommy has done a horrible job of shopping and planning for meal!) now where was I....oh yes, I was sitting in the take out line with Veggie Tales playing on the DVD player so that it would keep my two starving children from screaming (did I mention they were hungry because I was late with lunch because I was on the phone with a friend? a much needed conversation I might add, but still made me late!) when I heard "When you know God made you special it doesn't matter what other people think." Was that Larry the Cucumber or God??? The way it penetrated my core made me think it had to be God! One simple lesson from a children's video, but on a day where I am late with lunch, I have nothing to cook, I didn't get my make up on this morning, I got my shower, but didn't get to fix my hair, my paperwork is piled so high I can't get to my desk, and I have spent the morning telling a friend about my personal as well as professional struggles, I needed to hear that if God made me special it doesn't matter what other people think. I can be a wiggly gaurd (ok that was the squash's issue in the movie) and if that is what God made me to be, then it is ok. When I am doing my best, God knows if even if those around me do not.

Such a simple truth, but one I am afraid I struggle with....even on a day when I know God spoke to me directly...even if through a cucumber!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing! I needed this, too!

BonkLand