Monday, November 24, 2008

T-minus 5 days and counting!

I leave for Liberia on Saturday! Kind of an unexpected trip, but one God has laid on my heart, so I am going!

Was feeling bad with head cold/flu stuff on Wednesday of last week, Thursday was in ER all day with what the dr says is a "bug" (Dr. Mom says it is a gall bladder attack, and she is usually right about these things!), Friday was wiped out all day because of drugs, etc from Thursday. Sunday had previous commitments that kept me from doing anything on the trip. This morning am still fighting the cold/flu that has left me singing bass with little effort and a list a mile and a half long to get done!

I LOVE this time of year! I am heart sick to leave my children during this magical time between Thanksgiving and Christmas! Yet, I am so excited to get to visit my "other children" during this same time! I am totally torn between two worlds!

So I will get off the computer and get to work!

3 comments:

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

I can imagine that you have a lot on your plate. Wish we lived closer so that I can help.

jana said...

I know the home is VERY excited you are coming. Martha could not wait to see you...she talked about how much of a saving grace you are and that everyone at the home is SO very thankful for you. So know, that during this week of Thanksgiving, there are people, besides me and my family, who are thankful for you (and are SOOOO excited you are coming!)

Anonymous said...

Holly Ann,
We are so grateful for your willing heart to go even as it means a sacrifice for you (the verse where David speaks not give an offering to God that costs him nothing comes to mind) Thank you for your willing obedient heart.
I wish we lived closer to be able to be of some help in the flesh-know we are praying for you!
Julie L.