Tuesday, July 22, 2008

He knew....




The timelessness of God's Word just keeps me in awe! Over two thousand years ago, He knew that I would need to know on July 22, 2008 (and MANY other days as well) that He is here no matter what the circumstances say. In many areas of my life over the last 10, especially 4, years, I have asked God, "Where are you???"

He knew that! So many times, the only hope I had to hold on to as I struggled through a rocky marriage, another hold in my adoptions, another hold in the adoptions of my families I work with, a phase of my children that I don't think I will survive, was that somehow through it all God would be glorified! Sometimes I rejoice in that, and sometimes I really don't care, I just want my circumstances fixed!

But what comfort to know that David, a man after God's own heart, felt the same way! I have read this verse so many times, but today it brought so much comfort! I know many of my blog readers are adoptive families with children half way around the world caught up in red tape, so I wanted to share this with you......praying it encourages you as it did me!

~ I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord.~ Psalm 27:13-14

Father God, for the mothers and fathers out there who have followed Your calling to bring Your children home, give them a day of peace! A day of rejoicing in the fact that You are working in ways they cannot see. God allow them to rejoice that they are getting to take part in seeing Your goodness...make that enough for today! Allow them to see just a little bit of your work today.....help them realize that they are changing lives for eternity, not just theirs and the child/ren they are adopting, but everyone who hears testimony of their adoption or who touches a piece of paper for their adoption can be changed for Your glory! Give them a "bigger picture" view that reaches beyond their own homes. Make them strong today and let their hearts take courage, may the words "wait on the Lord" bring peace and rest today trusting You to work out every detail and every time table as You see fit. Let them rest in Your will and Trust You to be the wonderful Father You are to them as well as their children! Thank You God for allowing us to walk this journey with You!

3 comments:

love2bmom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
HollyAnn said...

I hate it when it says a comment was removed by a blog administrator! I deleted it at the request of the author as she accidently "posted" an e-mail she was sending to someone else! I just didn't want you to think that I was mad about the post and deleted it! It sounds so harsh...."removed by a blog administrator"....

love2bmom said...

You got to this before I could, HollyAnn! I was just getting back on to write what I started to write on my last comment/post that I asked you to delete!! :)

For inquiring minds, I posted a response to another friend's blog, on HollyAnn's blog..... LOL Never done that before, oh well.

I LOVE this post, and thank you, THANK YOU for sharing this today. It really spoke to me, and encouraged me. And thank you for your prayer for the waiting mothers and fathers, as we 'wait on the Lord'.