Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday is gone!

One day closer to leaving. I got a lot of paper work done today and a couple of errands run. I seem to not be able to make complete lists and am finding myself needing to go back to places I have already been. Ugh! I hate that! For medical reasons, I am a scatter brained nit wit right now! Drives me crazy! I hate being a nit wit! I have no idea if that is spelled right.

What I did today:
  • bought office supplies to help get Liberian office running effectively (then remembered I forgot to get half of what I went for!)
  • started packing the supplies for the orphanage that I am taking
  • printed out documents that I need to take with me
  • contacted some families with what I hope and pray I can do on their case while there
  • bought lots of frozen food for while I am gone (Callie REALLY worries aobut Daddy's cooking while I am gone!)
  • painted cars and crosses with my kiddos (pictures to come later!) - this week I am trying to do house work in the mornings to get things ready to be gone for a week, work agency stuff before kids wake up and then at nap time, then spend the afternoon doing an activity with the kids! I miss them so much when I am gone! I wish I could be in two places at once!
  • then we went to Chuck E. Cheese to eat dinner because that is where Noah wanted to go for his birthday meal!
  • came home and mowed the yard, then jumped in the pool to cool off and spend more time with the kids...my favorite two things in the world!
  • put kids to bed and did a little more paper work
  • then ate a bunch of chocolate chip cookies and blogged when I should be in bed! :)

Good night!

Oh - everyone is asking when I leave. I leave Saturday, July 26 and return Monday, Aug 4. I will blog if at all possible while I am gone. If we stay in the same hotel and their internet is running, I should be able to log on a few times during the week. But I imagine my nights will be filled with papers and more papers as I work through cases and issues with different officials! That and lots of time in prayer and reading the Word to make sure I am walking WTH God - not behind or in front of Him!

No comments: