Sunday, July 27, 2008

We made it!

We are here! We made it and so did all our luggage! Woohoo!! Praise God!

We had an uneventful trip over here. We ran into weather in Atlanta that delayed us an hour and luggage issues in Brussels that delayed us an hour, but he made it up and we landed in Monrovia on time.

They have really done a nice job on their airport! Plus they are keeping all the guys away that used to swarm you to carry your bags. So it was actually a pleasurable experience to get out of the airport. This is rainy season, so it had just quit rainnig about the time we landed, so it is VERY humid!

We all are settled into our rooms and I have had my chicken fried rice and I am ready for bed! The parents will meet their new kiddos in the morning, so be praying for them as they make their first aquaintance!

I just feel like I have to sing God's praises here and count my blessings that have already happened on this trip! I found my shoe (see post below), we got here with no issue, we got here with all our luggage, and I had ticket agents in the US and Brussels that did not charge my for my extra bag! Thank you , God! What blessings He has already brought us! I can't wait to see what else He does on this trip!

Thanks to all of you praying! I feel them and keep them coming! I am armored up and ready for battle! :)

5 comments:

love2bmom said...

PRAISE GOD for improved airports and all that He is going to do to show His favor on this trip!!!

Emily said...

Yeah!!!! I am so glad to hear you made it with everything safe and sound!! I pray the whole trip is that smooth :)

Anonymous said...

So happy you are there safe and sound. Praying for your entire trip to continue to go well!

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

That is such good news about the airport! MMMM Chicken Fried Rice!!! YUM!!! So glad you all made it with all your luggage. May this be a sign that your trip is going to get better and better.

Crystal said...

Praying for you!!!!! I hope all is going wonderfully and praying for all you want to accomplish while there. Love, C