Monday, July 14, 2008

Headed to Liberia!




I am officiallly headed to Liberia. Just got the flights booked this morning! After my last trip, I really thought I would be anxious, but I am not. That is what being in the will of God does....gives you peace! I am very excited to go back, to see the kids in the home again, to work on getting cases further down the pipeline, and maybe to even visit Toben's home county! That is not confirmed yet, but I made a promise last time I was there and intend to keep it if at all possible!

Pray for me and my sweet family as times before I travel are always stressful! Adoptive families need more help and my kids need more reassuring as they know their mommy is about to head halfway across the world. I am anxious about leaving TOben so early, but God has made it clear it is time for me to go. So I trust (most days!) Him to care for TOben and make right any wrongs I am doing by leaving for this period of time so soon after his home coming. God knew when He made Toben and when He placed him in our home what I would be doing in response to His call, so I place my trust in that and try not to be a worrying mother!

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Yeah! Can't wait to see what you get done over there! I know how you feel about leaving Toben. We are going to Ethiopia and Uganda with Tom Davis in Oct and are nervous about leaving Davis so soon. Praying that Jesus takes care of our little ones again!

Brandi

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

YAHOO! So wish I was going with you. I'll be praying every day that progress is made while you are there, that Toben will be OK, and that you will be safe.

Karen said...

I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to hear all that is about to break free right in front of your eyes! :) I want to go too!

Crystal said...

Praying for you, and hoping all is well : ) Love, Crystal