Friday, August 1, 2008

Prayer please!

Ok, this government is like working with toddlers! They change their minds on a whim and then you are just supposed to "know" what to do! I had two pretty heated meetings yesterday with officials in immigration. They are saying we have to have letters of clearance from all cases. I asked how we were supposed to know that since no one notified the lawyers or us. They said it was just our job to know....really?! I asked them to show me in the law where it is required, and she said, that was not her job.....really?!

So please pray that we have clearance letter for all our children and families to leave! We need those letters by close of business today as our plane leaves Sunday night. We have two congressmen as well as a couple of other people with connections working in our favor.....but most importanly we have God Almighty!

So last night, I got on my face and this is what happened:
I asked God, "How do I continue this program with constant changes? How do I help the children on Marchall road when I can't process adoptions? How do I send families over here to get children when we never know if they will be allowed on a plane or not?" and God responded with Psalm 18:39 (I had marked Psalm 18 and 27 as my verses for this trip about three months ago, I just felt God was telling me these were the places I should go in distress) "For I have girded you with strength for battle"

Me - but I am sooooo weary!

God - In Your weakness I am strong!

Me - So be strong tomorrow and get our letter, please!!!

God - Psalm 28:3 Though a host encamp against me, my heart will not fear; though war rise against me, in spite of this I shall be confident.
Psalm 28:14 Wait for the Lord; be string and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord.
Psalm 141:10 Let the wicked fall into their own nets, while I pass by safely.....

....which is exactly what I plan to do on Sunday and walk right by immigration check points and get on a plane with all the children going home! For if God is for me, who can be against me?!

So pray for that with me, please! My armor is on and I am ready for battle!

Which is good because there is a House hearing today on a proposed bill that includes adoption law. Please pray that if I am able to speak at the hearing, God gives me the words to say! I am still amazed at how a little ol housewife from West Texas has ended up meeting with Liberian congressman, speaking at a House hearing and helping write adoptions laws! That folks, just has to be God because I am just so ordinary!

Thanks for all your prayers! I really do feel them! They sustained me the last two days as I had not gone to bed before 2 am since arriving as I had so much work to do. But last night, I didn't work and just took care of myself! I feel rejuvinated this morning and am ready for my day!

Love to you all from a country in desperate need of intervention!

3 comments:

Emily said...

God's prepared you at home......your used to dealing with toddlers ;) I am praying for you!

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

In constant prayer!

AbbyW said...

Wow, Wow, Wow, God has equipped you and he has sent you and he is continually equipping you! What an adventure you are on! I am thinking about you and praying for you continually!


Abby