Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tell me what you think!

I am searching for wisdom here. So please let me know your thoughts!

As a Christ follower, I know what my role is at my church body. Every church makes it clear what you need to do for them, right?! As a Christian who has committed to a body of believers, I am to give of my time, talents and resources in order to further the kingdom and edify the body. So what about "the body"? What can I expect from my church? All of you long time blog readers know that I struggle with the lack of support of our ministry from our church. They have taken me to lunch to specifically tell me that they are not going to support our ministry because it is not with in their "scope and sequence". Not sure how adoption cannot be with in the "scope and sequence" of a church as it is the heart of God, but that is what we were repeatedly told.

We are making an appointment to meet with our Pastor as we try to decide if God is calling us to another body as our ministry seems to be exploding and we really need some spiritual support.

I am reading Acts, but the "churches'' of today are soooo different in every way, that I am having a hard time in my lack of wisdom of sorting through it all. Let me just get one topic off the boar right away...this is NOT about financial support! God has blessed our ministry with wonderful donors that have kept us a float beyond all we could have hoped or imagined. I don't need, and really don't want their money! I just want support...a place to go when I feel like I am attacked on every side. A platform to share my passion in the case that someone else may have the same passion and be looking for a place to serve...etc.

So what do you think? What can a believer expect from the body? From the church?

No comments: