Monday, September 1, 2008

It was a great day and then.....

We had a great day today! It was a happy day! All the kids helped me fix a big breakfast with everyone's favorites. Then we went shopping for a new comforter as John and I have bought a sleep number bed. We are old, and we have not been sleeping. Many reasons for that, but the fact that we kick each other off the queen rock we currently sleep on is among them!

Then I went shopping for groceries to prepare for John's parents coming over for a cook out. While I was fixing the last little bit of dinner, I hear the scream followed by silence which means Toben has hurt himself and is not breathing. He can really hold it a long time before letting out the big scream! He had slipped on his blanket and fell hitting his eye brown bone right on the corner of our leather ottoman. John went to him and was consoling him, then I hear, "Oh my gosh it is really bleeding."

Long story short, it is 11:08, I am home after 4 hours in the ER and John is still up there with Toben waiting to get stitches! Believe it or not, this is our first stitches in our family! That is a miracle with Noah in our midst! All I can say is his angels fly fast and Toben's better pick up the pace!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little Toben. Hope is heals soon.

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

Awe, poor little guy.

So, if there is a bear in your tree in Colorado....

haha

They just left it up there until it decided to come down at about 9:30pm. It rummaged around their yard and left an hour later. The rangers came over fromt he reservoir, then Division of Wildlife showed up. They all said to just leave it be.

It was too cute, but also pretty big and potentially dangerous. Luckily he left on his own, as most of them do.