Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Submission: Part Two

I keep imagining some of you dear friends in blog world saying, "So how's that working for ya" to quote a famous Texan! Well, not so good! It sounds good all typed out on my blog, and I really mean it, but man is it hard to keep my mouth shut! I may not acutally ask about the adoption, but I make comments about babies all the time. God is showing me that I need to stop that..even if I don't mean it to be reminder of what I feel called to do, John will probably see it as that, and thus I need to not say it! Oh man! That is hard!

It is also hard just to know the line. For example, we went to a church Sunday that was doing a special emphasis on adoption. After church three organizations talked about their foster or adoption programs. One of them called me today, so I wanted to share what I had found out with JOhn. I always struggle with that. I feel like even sharing what I know if pressuring, yet if I don't, then he will not know. So today, I shared, then backed off. Well kind of....I did send him a video from my friend Jody's blog on foster kids. But I share things from blogs with John many times. I was sharing as information more than nagging, but maybe I should have refrained because of how it would be perceived even if not my intent. Oh this is hard!

The Pastor of the church we visited on Sunday shared their testimony of the adoption of their little boy who was in the foster care system. He said his wife asked him about taking in the little boy and he said, "NO!" There family was just fine with the four girls and he didn't want to mess things up by throwing in another gender! But as he prayed about it, God turned his heart. He said when he shared with his wife that he thought they should do it, she said, "Great!" and pulled the completed application out of a drawer and told him where to sign! I love it! But I know she kept her mouth shut while she filled out all those papers! GOd give me the obedience and strength to keep my mouth shut!

2 comments:

missy said...

Hi HollyAnn,
I don't know if it helps or not, but I am right where you are and walking the same line. I'll pray for you guys and if you think about it, we could use some prayers too.
Love,
Missy

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

Hang in there.

I'm not the best with submission, but I know that I get tons of joy out of watching my husband come to the same page I am on when he is ready without me bugging him. He is energized and excited and it gets me all wound up.

Now if only I could do that all the time.