Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The last cup of coffee


This is my last cup of coffee for three weeks! John and I are starting the Daniel Fast tomorrow. I am not near as prepared as I was hoping to be, but that is just the story of my life these days! My motto is "in my next life I will be skinny, organized and on time!" I am not putting the fast off to get more prepared, as I am certain this is God's timing for it! I think he has even started changing my tastes! I didn't drink even half of this cup of coffee!


What I will miss the most about my morning coffee is the "feel good" feeling it gives me with God. I am not sure I can explain this, but you know that warm, cozy feeling you have when you walk into a coffee shop? That is what coffee does for me in the mornings with God as I sit in my Bible study chair as my kids call it! I know that God is just sitting next to me with His cup of coffee too, and we are just chatting like I would with one of my girl friends over a cup of coffee! So I am sure during the next three weeks God will want to show me that it is HIM that is important about those meetings...He brings the warm fuzzies, not the coffee! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOh. I am not sure I could do it.