Monday, September 22, 2008

Random thoughts...

Here you go, Emily! :) See comment on last post for explanation! Random thoughts seem to be all I have time for lately!
1. John and I are starting the Daniel Fast on Thursday. So I am eating a bowl of ice cream while I blog.
2. I made a financial plan today. Dave Ramsey tells me that having a plan is the first step and part of that plan is to know exactly what your debt is. Ouch! We will not be eating out for awhile and it is a good thing beans are allowed on the Daniel Fast!
3. We have an empty space where a dining room table used to be..see #2 above!
4. Did you know that Dawn dish soap takes Desitin out of hair?


Me either until Ava found a tube of it! Go figure, diaper rash cream is water proof! After four washings with Dawn, she no longer looked grey or greasy! Thanks, Mom, for the advice!
5. Saturday, Toben threw up for the first time since he has been with us.
6. Toben has great aim! He didn't get hardly a drop on the floor...Kami, I may need a new Orphanage Project shirt!
7. Evidently when children are sick in Liberia, they put them outside????
8. Looking for a new church home sucks! (If Tom Davis can say that word, so can I!)
9. We are expecting!......

LABRADOODLES!!! And this is the proud momma, lovingly referred to by us as "The Beast". We should have puppies around Thanksgiving. Why would I add puppies to my list of things to do at a crazy time like this? See #2.

10. I think I may be going thru premature menopause...anyone have any experience with that?!

11. I need to have "the talk" with Callie! I don't want to!

12. We got the packet for foster to adopt in the mail today.

13. I have a dr appointment tomorrow to see if the restless leg syndrome med is working on my sleep....well, I don't know! I didn't sleep then, I don't sleep now....is it restless leg, is it sleep apnea, is it stress, is it having four children.....hmmmmmm

14. God is moving in HUGE ways in our ministry! He is showing up in amazing ways with the orphanage project! I can't wait to see what the next step is!

15. John is watching Heroes...not sure why! Strange show!!!

16. Did you know that labradoodles sell for as much as $2500??? When did muts become so expensive? Don't worry, we will not be asking anywhere near that for our puppies! Although, it would be nice!

17. Trying to engage in a new church after pouring 5 years into one that doesn't seem to notice you are gone is really hard!

18. The church we are visiting preached on adoption the last two Sundays! That was awesome! People with my heart for adoption!

19. A major local private foster agency has no families who will accept AA children! What?!

20. Targe has backpacks clearanced for $3.84...I filled my basket to send to Jody!

21. It is 10:00 and I promised myself I would go to bed on time tonight!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for the updates!

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

Oh goodness! Let me know what size and I'll get you an Orphanage Project shirt right away. haha