Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Impact




You never know the impact of what you are doing! Toben is the only child of color in the entire Parent's Day Out program that he attends. When I went to his open house last week, I noticed that there was a black baby doll in the living center. It caught my eye (and I noticed that the rest of the dolls had the "well loved" look while this one was definitly newer). I kind of smiled on the inside that they would make sure there was a baby doll who was Toben's color in his class.



Well, today I was in another classroom and looked down and saw a black Cabbage Patch Kid (obviously new also). Evidently babies of color have been added to all the rooms! I love it!

2 comments:

Bonky's Mom said...

love it, love it, love it! Yay for the sensitivity of the teachers!

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

that is too cool!