Monday, October 6, 2008

This is what it has come to!

I have to tell you that the temptation to get off this fast has been overwhelming the last couple of days! I have really wanted a piece of chocolate, a cup of cofee or a big plate of Mexican food! Oh my goodness! But John refused to let me quit, so I stayed the course! Fruit and veggies with beans it was...only I made a trip to the health food store! I went to find rice milk because my friends Kami and Jeremy who are doing this with me recommended rice milk over Soy. I also wanted to find a cereal that I could eat as I hadn't had much luck with that at the regular grocery store. I found this!

Tofu cheese and Bible bread! Yes, folks, this is what it has come to! If you had told me I would touch tofu cheese a month ago, I would tell you that you are crazy! But it tasted wonderful! It has the texture of velveeta and the flavor of....well, it is kind of a flavor all its own, but good! I might not think that if I hadn't been craving "real" food so badly, but that cheese and cracker meal was great! :) John will not touch it! Just the words "tofu cheese" had him in a tizy! Callie wouldn't try it either. That's ok, leaves more for me, and it is expensive!!!!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Almond milk is really yummy-especially the vanilla-don't know if that would be allowed. I prefer it to the rice milk. Tofu cheese-I never could get into that thought :)

Karen said...

I agree with ginny. Almond milk is good. We couldn't get into the rice milk. Our nutrionist said that soy milk isn't good for young ladies...I don't remember why. But just something else to put in your mind!