Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Less of me!

This morning was one of those 'quite times' that was REALLY quiet! Didn't get much out of what I read and didn't really 'feel' it was profitable. I decided to go for a quick morning walk as I have gotten out of the habit of doing that and I was very sleepy! I needed to wake up! I cna't say that the walk brought great answers either, but when I was getting ready this morning with my praise music, God just flooded me. He reminded me that I always come to my quiet times wanting to find out what He wants from me....trying to bring something to Him. He reminded me that at times He just wants me to come, that's all! He wants to fill me up, no expectation...just for me to rest in Him, who He is, what He wants for me! That is hard for me to accept! I have lived most of my life trying to earn peoples love. The awe of a God who loves me unconditionally is almost more than I can grasp! But this morning, He made it so real to me! Ao today I am just asking for less of me and more of Him!

1 comment:

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

WOW. I love your description of your experience here.