Sunday, October 19, 2008

A true friend!



Since leaving our church of over 3,000 people, John and I can count on one hand the number of people that have checked on us or even inquired as to where we are. It has left us feeling a little lonely at times. But then a friend like Kami calls and says, could you use a nannie or house keeper for a few days?! It didn't take me long to say YES!!!!! So she laid down her life for John and I, took vacation days, drove 12 hours with someone she didn't know and paid for a plane ticket home (with the generosity of a couple of her friends). She will have been here one day shy of a week. She has been invaluable! She has taken care of kids, folded mounds of laundry, made many meals, read tens of books, seen the ugly details of the inside life of the P-tree family, undid brades for hours on end, change diapers, settled fights, cleaned up puke...you get the picture! She was invaluable! Honestly, she probably allowed me to keep my sanity this past week.


So to my dear friend (and her precious husband who let me steal his wife), THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!! You are loved and appreciated! You are a true example of John 15:13, "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."


2 comments:

Emily said...

OK I have to see pictures, how did the hair come out??

Bonky's Mom said...

WOW--where can I get one of her?

TOTALLY understand the loneliness thing...