Monday, October 13, 2008

A Visit from Angels


I got a call last Thursday while I was at Wal-Mart with all three of my "new" children. It was from a friend, well, actually we have only met twice before now. She had hear that we had thre unexpected guests at our home and wanted to know how what we needed. I kind of laughed and said I wasn't sure at this point. She asked about food, and I said that would be great. She said she would bring by a casserole later that evening.


About 2:45, my doorbell rang. I went to the door, and they were on my front step with an Excursion loaded with grocery bags. I asked what I needed to take in, and she said, "All of it!" I couldn't believe it! These people who barely knew me were being Jesus to our family! I would be dishonest if I said that I hadn't worried about grocery money with three very hungry Liberian children at my house! But every time I started to worry, I would just remind myself that we had the credit card to fall back on...not a great plan when you are trying really hard to get out of debt!


But God provided in a huge way! I have no idea the money they spent on those groceries, but I know that I had to make an extra pantry in my laundry room and had to take some freezer and ice box stuff over to my parents until I have room for it! They truly were Jesus to us! It was awesome for our new kids to see that someone who didn't even know them loved them! And it was awesome for our other four to be the recipient of such a blessing! I can't even tell you what it did for me! I pray God blesses these two ladies and their families far beyond what they blessed us with!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome story-what a nicer place the world would be with more people reaching out like your 2 friends!
Julie

Crystal said...

That is so neat to hear God prompting people to help!!!!!!!!!!!!! He alone is Faithful to us in our time of need. Praying all is going well for you NINE : )

Emily said...

How awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is great!
Kami

Anonymous said...

That is SO cool!!! God is good!