Monday, January 7, 2008

"He must look like his daddy"

So I answer the door this afternoon to a singing door to door salesman! Noah got to the door before I did and died laughing! When I got there I knew why! The guy was singing and dancing. After talking to him, I think he was little "happier" than the average bear because he had some "happy juice" earlier...breath smelt awful! Anyway, he was telling me all about his product and in the midst of it asked if Noah (my beutiful brown little boy who is at least 1/4 black) was my son. I said, "Yes!". The salesman was black, so I knew where this was going! His response was, "Well he must look like his daddy because he doesn't look like his momma!" I just laughed! If he only knew! I sure was hoping that Callie or Ava would walk up so he would REALLY wonder! If Toben was home we would have realy got him to going! It's strange how other African Americans recognize that he is at least part AA, but other people just think he is our bio child. I nearly said, he is adopted, but stopped myself! He is defined by that enough because of the work I do! He is my son and that is all a stranger needed to know! Who cares who he looks like! He is mine, all mine! Besides he is way too cute to look like his momma! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute story!

Emily said...

OK don't send that guy this way.......... :)

Sean and Lisa said...

Never heard of a singing salesman....too funny!!