Thursday, January 31, 2008

WE ARE ON US SOIL!!!!!!!



Well, we made it! We are on US soil! Snowy, Chicago soil, but US soil none the less. We are stuck in Chicago right now. We are set to leave here at 8:30 to go to Dallas, but will have to spend the night in Dallas. I just pray we get to Dallas!

I know I haven't posted in a while. We had to stay three extra days in country. The story is surreal! I will not post details as this is a public forum, and the details are not for the public. However, when I can process everything, I will post about what an awesome God we serve! We witnessed miracle after miracle to get our kids out!



Here is the first picture of Obadiah on American soil...eating his first Happy Meal! He had a bannana before that! :)

Pray we make it to Dallas! I just cried when I talked to Callie and told her we wouldn't be home tonight! I just wanted to see all my babies tonight! I miss Callie and Noah and Ava so much that my heart hurts!

On a side note, let me tell you what a stud I am married to! He was remarkable this week! He took on the battles when I was too weary or just needed to be mommy! The first part of our trip he was a perfect Mr. Mom! Obadiah was bonding to him way more than me because I was having to go to meetings and such, but he just did great! I am blessed to be Mrs. John Petree!

On the name thing....we may have to revisit it! We just can't seem to call him Toben....he is Obie! John hasn't said for sure we can keep it, but even he has a hard time calling him anythign but Obadiah. The kids even sang a song with his name. Everyone we met would remember his name and call him by name if we saw them again! It was pretty amazing. I don't know what God's plan is for the seven children we just brought home, but whatever it is, it is big enough to have sparked a huge battle for them to not come home!

12 comments:

steffany said...

Welcome back. He doesn't even look like the same kid. He is wearing a ginormous smile.

A. Gillispie said...

Praise God you are ALL home safe and sound. Continued prayers for whatever battles may be going on in Liberia. I know one thing--the kids have a wonderful advocate in you.
Anita

Brandi said...

SO glad you're back safe!!!

What a cutie pie. I agree that even just a week with his parents has done him good! Can't wait to see his "meeting the sibs" pictures

Brandi

Anonymous said...

Praising God you are nearly home!!

Ginny said...

I am so thankful that you are nearly home! I love the name Obadiah, and also love his nickname!

Crystal said...

COngrats!!! We are so thrilled for you guys and so happy to Obie enjoying his first Happy Meal : ) What a handsome smile he has! God Bless the remainder of your trip and talk to you soon- Love and Hugs- Crystal and The Bunch

Anonymous said...

PRAISE AND THANK YOU GOD!!! I've been praying for God to move miraculously on behalf of you guys so that everyone could come home!

Can't wait to hear more!
BonkLand

Anonymous said...

Hollyann,

Thanks for posting. May God grant you peace in the transition back to America with even more responsiblities.

Not Betty Crocker said...

WOOHOO! I can't wait to meet the little guy. This is the best news! Enjoy your whole family being under one roof.

Anonymous said...

Obie, Obie, Diah
Obie, Obie, Diah

Shelly songs rings in my head! hahaha

I am soooo thankful that you made it home safely! I am also in agreeance with you that John was great. But you were too, so don't discredit yourself. You two obeyed God and were his soldiers and fought his fight! You picked up your sword of truth and yelled "CHARGE" in the name of GOD. He is so please with you two, as am I. I totally admire your strength in this process. I hope that you past few days at home on US soil have just been filled with blessings and love!

Your friend!
Kami

whenpigsfly said...

HollyAnn,
Obie/Toben is absolutely adorable!!! Being a mom to 14 Old Testament name,s I can tell you I ma partial to Obadiah myself!! He looks like he carries it well too!
Obie is too cute as a nickname too!
SO thankful you are home safe and sound WITH YOUR SON and eager to hear new Obie and sib stories as time goes by!!

Karen said...

HollyAnn,
We rejoice with you and sing our praises to a Mighty God we serve! We continue to lift you & your family up in prayer. God is doing great things through you. Enjoy your family!
Karen