Saturday, January 26, 2008

I got to eat FuFu!!!!

I am not sure that I believe that I did this, but I have the picture AND video to show it! We went to the Children's Home today, and I saw Fufu....so I asked about it and they asked if I wanted to try it...I am feeling more and more at home here in Liberia, so I said sure! It was actually very good! But it is HOT!!!! I let our a Texas "yahoooo" and all the nannies laughed at me...they asked if it was hot, and I said it was way hot for this white girl! I gave them their laugh for the day!






We spent the day at the children's home...I had at least 20 hands on me at all times! I was in heaven! It was so fun to hear the children sing and hear their stories. They are doing so well! Reminds me why I do what I do!

We went to Golden Beach yesterday to have dinner. I was just what we needed. We got to eat on the beach and watch the sunset. This is why I love this country!



Toben and William had a blast running up and down a sand hill right by our table. They did it the whole time we waited for food. Both of them ended up with a head full of sand, but the sound of laughter is good medicine!


9 comments:

Crystal said...

What spice makes Fufu hot? I love the picture of the sunset and Toben on the beach : ) Praying like crazy for you!! Love, Crystal

HollyAnn said...

the red peppers in the soup is what is hot. The FuFu is just a paste, but the soup has dried red peppers, seeds and all....oh and fish meat...I passed on that! :)

Anonymous said...

Wish I was there too!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you. Can't wait to breathe that deep sigh of relief with you as you all finally make your way home. Remeber that persistent widow in Luke 18. Perseverance produces hope--Romans 5:1-5
Can't wait to hear about your victory! Love, Andrea

Crystal said...

Praying, Praying, Praying!!!!!! Love, Crystal

Emily said...

Ahh so fufu isn't sweet potatoes........ :) Praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I have wondered what Fufu is/would taste like!!
Beautiful picture of the beach at sunset!
What a blessing to spend the time at the home with all those little hands reaching out to you!
Thank you for sharing!
Praying for you and the families with you!
Julie L.

steffany said...

I'm dying to hear about Marion's House!

pastorob said...

Hey Hollyann,

I'm enjoying your trip vicariously. Thanks for posting.