Friday, January 4, 2008

The party is over....well not quite!




It is 11:42 pm and I am still awake! There are three little girls still giggling in a room next door. I give them 15 more minutes before the giggles must quiet so I can get some shut eye!

We had a blast with Callies friends! She really is blessed with a great, fun group of kids as friends ~ both boys and girls! John and I really enjoy having all her friends over. It gets a little wild and crazy some times, but we love it!

My oldest child, my first born...bless her heart! As John, a fellow oldest child, always tells her, she has the yucky job of being our parenting experiment! I don't know that I would put it in quite those words, but I guess that is kind of the truth. She is the one who has been through my fits of insecurities, my scrambled days of not knowing how to be a stay-at-home mother, my emotional break downs of learning how to really step out in faith and follow God, and she has felt the largest brunt of John and my journey to figure out this thing called marrage! She is a very sensitive child, a very spiritual child! She understood more about the spiritual nature of things at 5 than I did at 25! She has always been very in tune with God and the things of His nature. She is not perfect by any means, in fact, I already see the major battles that the enemy will nail her with in her life, yet she has a desire to fight and follow God in a way that I don't see in too many 8 year olds!

She is a wonderful song writer with lyrics full of wisdom beyong her years! She has already declared that she will not birth children! Way too painful! LOL! IF she has children, they will be adopted. The only reason she wants to go to college is so she can run the adoption agency when I retire. She has a heart for orphans....all over the world, not just Africa! I can't wait to see what God does with her!

Callie, my princess, I love you so much! It is an honor to be your mother! There are many times I have and will fail you as a mother, but I love you more than life itself! Happy Birthday, Gracie!

Can't have a slumber party with out painted nails and tatoos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like they had a good time!