Tuesday, January 22, 2008

One more step down!

We made it through the visa appointment this morning. We are supposed to pick up the visas on Thursday....hopefully! If not, then Friday. I will not breath a sigh of relief until I have it in my hands and see it with my own eyes!


This afternoon was the first time I have really gotten to be mommy! Thank goodness John is here! There is no way I could have done it with out him! Tommorrow should be my last official business, so I should be able to be more mommy the rest of the week.

I haven't gotten to journal at all! By the time I have time to in the evenings, I am too exhausted to think enough to journal! I am going to try to get some things down tonight because with my horrible memory, I will have nothing to tell my poor son about his gotcha trip if I don't write it down.

Yesterday he had his first chicken fried rice! He ate nearly a full plate! He love peanut butter crackers....they are his favorite food right now! He also loves fruit! Finally, a kid to eat fruit with me! His favorite is the papaya. He also had his first pizza today. Strangely enough, the thing that he ate the least amount of was the Liberian chicken. He had his first Sprite, but wasn't too crazy about it...preferred to have his water!

He is starting to warm up more and more. He talks more and more, and I just love his accent!

We went to the Children's Home yesterday. It was wonderful and exhausting all at once. We measure, weighed and traced a foot of all the children. That took a long time! All three of us doing it were dripping in sweat. Then I got to love on the kids a little, but we will go back later this week so I can just play with the kids.

I have tried to post several pictures, but the one up there is the only one I can get to load...I will try again tomorrow!

5 comments:

Brandi said...

How sweet! I love that he's wearing the shirt! too cute!

Yeah for visas!! I can't wait to hear more! Have fun in Liberia for me! I wish I were there!

Brandi

Crystal said...

Praise God for the successful Visa appointments : ) You two look so cute in the picture, HollyAnn you are glowing!! I love Toben's shirt and I am glad to see it fits. You have been and will continue to be in my prayers, especially the meeting tomorrow. Love, Crystal

missy said...

It's so wonderful to see your precious boy in his mamma's arms. I don't think you have a thing to worry about now. Love, Missy

A. Gillispie said...

Girlie you have NO business looking that good in hot, sweaty, sticky West Africa! =-) And Toben is wearing his cool T-shirt as well! So happy for you both.
Anita

Lacy said...

I am so excited for you guys. I can not wait until he will be ready to go to church so we can have the pleasure of loving on him as well.