Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Our Day!





Well here are some clips from our day! We started off by playing a new game that Callie got for her birthday from her new "cousins" (that will have to be explained in another post), Alex, AJ and Hannah. It is a Caranium game and we loved it! We had to play twice of course so both kids could win one! They hadn't even gotten dressed yet as you can tell by the pictures! We also ate breakfast while we played...hence the plates in the picture!



Then we went to McDonald's to pick up our food to take to the park. I know for those of you who read my healthy eating blog a few days ago, McD's is not healthy eating! Give me a break today....the kids got to pick! It was their day! I had a sad moment at McD's: my baby girl (my oldest child) no longer wants to play on the playground....she is too big! And my true baby girl (my youngest) is now a McD's play ground addict! She is big enough now to want to play on the equipment and enters the toddler play ground like she owns it. It was one of those moments when you realize that time is flying by! One is no longer intersted, and the others will be there before I know it. John would say that I think WAY too much if I got all that out of playing on the McD's playground while waiting for food!

Then we took our McNuggets and fries to the park. I thought it was another nice day like yesterday, so Callie and I were in capris and short sleeves. Evidently a cold front moved in (at least a cold front by West Texas perspectives) and we froze while we ate! But we scarfed it down then went to the playground where we had a blast! Callie and Noah dug their way under one piece of equipment.....




...Callie climbed a mountain and Noah climbed on the outside of the equipment (at least until I saw him and had a fit as I had visions of broken bones and an ER trip!)...




...Ava went down the slide, since our last trip to the park she has lost all fear and went down all by herself. I wasn't quite prepared for that so I didn't catch her at the bottom. I missed the perfect picture as she came off the slide, planted her feet in the sand and fell face first all in one motion! I was so proud of her because she didn't cry! Very unusual for my little screamer! Note the McD's cup in her hand.....she slid, rode the swing and climbed with out missing a beat with the cup in her hand!



Callie also went down a slide and stopped for a picture. Noah and I died laughing because her hair was standing straight up from the static. After that, every bar she touched gave her a pretty good shock!





Then we went to the neighborhood branch of the public library. We have lived here two years and didn't have library cards! I don't know what I was thinking, it is a great little library and the kids loved it! Ava love it alittle too much. Her favorite past time is to take all the books off our shelves, so she thought she had died and gone to heaven with all those books! I couldn't move fast enough to keep her little fingers off all the books. I got pretty good at reshelving!

I even got a couple of books for myself to take with me to Liberia. I love to read on the plane! I love to read, but don't get to much these days. So it is wonderful to know I will be on a plane with no children for many hours...I read, sleep, read, sleep....yep, sounds like heaven! Anyway, I was going to buy a couple of books, but they had them at the library, so I just checked them out. Don't tell! I am pretty sure there is some rule about taking library books out of the country, but I will take good care of them! :)

Over all we had a great day and I enjoyed spending some fun time with my children! Now tomorrow it is bag to the rat race! I am not looking forward to that, but am looking forward to being forced back into a schedule! We all do so much better that way!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

What a FUN kid day! You did everything all in one day! In fact, we don't have a very fun day planned (I have to take Davis to get a chest x-ray for TB and more blood drawn!) but you've inspired me to go to the library on the way!

You are a great mom and your kids will remember days like this. . it probably speaks to their hearts more than you know.

Brandi

Emily said...

Wow sounds like you guys had an awesome day! You all look so happy :)

Ginny said...

From one of the healthy eaters, I have been known to grab a snack wrap from McD's (crispy-not grilled!) No apologies!