Thursday, January 17, 2008

Time is short...

....and the lists are long! I can't believe that in less than 48 hours I will have said good bye to three of my children to go in pursuit of the one! Wow! The last three weeks have flown! I want time to SLOW down once I get on that plane! I want to savor every moment of Liberia.....have I mentioned lately that I LOVE Liberia?! I do! I am excited to get to go back!

The packing is just about done.
I have Toben's stuff almost all packed, my clothes almost all packed and all that is really left are the snacks that I am taking and the paper work. I will do that tonight.

I was shopping for last minute items yesterday and found some knit short clearanced for $1 each. I grabbed all the toddler sizes they had to take to the children's home. We can't get them that cheap in Liberia! I also picked up a little something else!
I just couldn't pass it up! It is my favorite color scheme (blue and brown) and I could just picture him sweetly looking up at me with those words on his chest....so you can bet that will be the first shirt he wears when I get to dress him!

11 comments:

A. Gillispie said...

HollyAnn, you are so pretty!!! I just love it when moms post pics of themselves on the blog. Your packing scene cracks me up--so familiar! LOL!

Anita

Ginny said...

So exciting! BTW, blue and brown are my fav. too.

Crystal said...

HollyAnn, I can't wait to see Toben in the new shirt!! We are praying for safe travel. The kids pray for you and John each night. It is so cute to hear them say Petree(Petweee). God Bless you all- Crystal

Brandi said...

Yipee!!!! It is SO soon! Can't wait! Please take lots of Liberia pictures. . and can you write down all your conversations in Liberian english? oh, and can I tuck away in your suitcase? Please!

Love,
Brandi

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you Hollyann!!!! I cannot wait until he is home!!!!

HollyAnn said...

Anita, you are so sweet! The dark circles under my eyes tell the whole story! Seems like my whole house looks like that packing scene these days! :)

Anonymous said...

That is an adorable shirt! I get to see Toben in that shirt! YEAH! Brandi, I thought you were coming in my suit case??? hahaha

Anonymous said...

I agree with Anita--you're so pretty! I love the picture of you and btw your shirt is super cute~LOL...okay, back to the point...I am just so stinkin' excited for you and am loving seeing God work the details out so that little Toben can join his forever family! I love the shirt! We have one that says..."If you think I'm cute, you should see my mom." HA HA

Hugs!
BonkLand

missy said...

I am so excited and anxious for you. Have a safe trip and savor every single moment and detail.
Love,
Missy

The Adoption Of William said...

Love the shirt!!!!! Praying for you and the little man!!

Emily said...

Yeah I am so excited :)