Monday, December 3, 2007

Could it really be????





I e-mailed Sheku, the one guy that I really 'connected' with when I was in Sierra Leone. He told me his personal story of being an orphan, and I could tell it was real. He was the only one I really trusted by the time it was all over. I e-mailed to see if he knew anything about Eden. I sent the e-mail sometime last week so had pretty much given up on getting a response. But today there was one! Eden's dad had to move because he couldn't find a job where he was. He only has one leg because of an infection that caused him to have to amputate his other leg. I met him while I was there, so I know this to be true! Her Grandmother is still caring for her as far as I can tell, but she is not in school anymore because they cannot afford it.

Sheku said he would check on her if I would send him the money to make the trip and rent a camera and he would send me pictures....could I really see her again after more than two years? What does she look like? Will I recognize her....more importantly, will it be obvious that she is the right child? You always have to wonder a little about that!

Over the past two weeks, Sierra Leone has come up from different areas of my life like crazy. I don't know if God was preparing me for this or for the possibility of us starting a program there. A fellow mom with an adoption ministry sent me an e-mail from a Pastor in Sierra Leone who contacted her about placing children from his home with families. She is doing some more checking, but so far he looks legit. If so, then Eden could stay at this orphanage during the process. There are many pieces that have been put in front of me that would make her adoption possible, IF this is what God tells us to do. So that is the hard part! Is this really an open door and God saying its time for her to come home? Or is this just me trying to force something that is never supposed to be? We are home study approved for two. So we would not have to do anything except change one of our INS approvals to SL. We would be set to go!

I am surprisingly calm! I think it is because I know this is in God's hands! I am ok with that this time! He is worthy of anything He would ask me to go through with this! So I will sit, wait, be still and know that He IS GOD!

8 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

Oh how awesome would that be? Please keep us updated. You're in my prayers.

steffany said...

Hollyann,
My heart is pounding out of my chest.
Just to see a picture of Eden as a healthy little girl is such a blessing. Just to think if you wouldn't have endured the heart break of losing your girls, Addy's Hope wouldn't have helped all families and children that it has. God has such a huge plan in all of this. What an amazing adoption testimony this may become.

Anonymous said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!

I will be praying about this Hollyann. This is INCREDIBLE!

Emily said...

I am praying! Its all in God's hands, he has a plan for her :)

steffany said...

Okay, I thought that was a new picture of Eden at the top. Is that one from 05 as well? What a doll.

Crystal said...

HollyAnn, WOW! That is exciting!!!!! I am praying for you and for sweet Eden. Keep us updated as faras Sierra Leone as well. That is exciting to think of a program from there. I will pray for God's will in all areas : ) Love, Crystal

HollyAnn said...

Yeah, both pics are from when I was there in 2005...wonder what she looks like now? Guessing she hasn't grown a ton since they usually don't due to not good nutrition......hopefully I will see for myself soon! ;)

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

Praying for you!