Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Here she is!



I could hardly breath when I opened the e-mail and saw there were two from Sheku with attachments! I have new pictures of Eden.....after over two years, I get to see this precious face again! She is the one with the pencil looking right at the camera. She looks exactly the same! I would know that face anywhere! The last time I saw her was when they ripped her off my kneck to get on the helicopter. I thought I would be back in a couple of days to bring her home...that was two and a half years ago! The mommy in me wants to get on a plane tomorrow and start the process to try again! But I am calm. I am praying and listening for the answer. Just because we might CAN adopt her, doesn't mean we SHOULD! God has plans for her! Plans for a hope and a future, I just have to hear if that means being in our home or not. But at the very least, I know she is alive, in school and looks great!

Her dad only has one leg. The other was amuptated after an infection set in. He is in the hospital with an infection in the other leg, pneumonia and typhoid. Sheku says he has been there 8 months. He is going to see him to see what his thoughts are on the adoption. Sheku says the grandmother and uncle who is helping care for her right now are for the adoption. But you just never know. We still don't know the real story on the mother...is she dead, did she just abandon them? So I asked for clarification for that. We will see what we find out!

I really covet your prayers! We just want to walk in God's will on this! But I am so thankful He gave me another glance into her beautiful eyes! It is just unreal!

7 comments:

Bonky's Mom said...

SO SO SO excited for you and praying for this whole situation!

BonkLand

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!! How exciting. I am praying right now!!!

steffany said...

Hollyann,

Wow, I'm praying for you!

Crystal said...

We are praying!!! May God guide you!! Love- Crystal

Liberia Adoption said...

Oh HollyAnn she is just beautiful! I will be praying for you guys to know God's Will.

Liberia Adoption said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
HollyAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.