Sunday, December 30, 2007

Wide awake!

Well it is 12:25 and I am wide awake! The kids are at John's parents, and I should be enjoying a night of uninterupted sleep, but I can't go to sleep! Layed in bed for over an hour before giving up and getting up. Have done some laundry, worked on the budget, and then decided I might as well post my to-do list (at least as it stands now) for the next three weeks as I prepare for the trip. I figure that is probably what is keeping me up, so I might as well focus on it for a minute, then maybe I an get some sleep!
*check on what shots I need to renew
*call dr's office and order shots
*go get shots
*get Rx for Toben in case he gets sick
*make an adoption DVD that is needed when counseling birth parents
*copy and pack all needed documents to file the I600 and I864
*make sure families have all their papers also
*copy documents needed for in county like court decree
*get cash (all bills must be marked 2000 or after)
*buy clothes for Toben
*buy shoes for Toben
*develop check list for cases in Liberia for better communication
*develop spread sheet for Liberia
*make sure the kids are covered for care during the time we are gone
*make sure John and I have enough summer clothes for the trip
*buy shoes
*learn how to operate the new camera
*shop for the week we are gone for Callie, Noah and Ava
*leave presents for them to open while we are gone to make them feel special
*send out invitations to Callie's early b-day party since we are going to be gone
*plan/shop for party
*have the birthday party
*set up bunk beds
*buy flannel sheets for beds
*clean out Noah's room/closets to make room for Toben's things
*clean out girls' closets to make room to store the things now stored in Toben's closet (anyone out there a good organizer?!)
*hang the boys curtains and wall decos so he comes home to a finished room (yes we have lived here almost 6 months, but I just finished painting Noah's room last week)
*pack - that is a whole other list!

Just writing that list made me tired...now mabye I can sleep!
Good night!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh you poor thing! I know how you feel as we left 3 days after Thanksgiving which happened to be the week my sister got married (and my hubby and I and our 2 kids were in the wedding!) Aaagh! No worries, you will get it all done!

Hey, Holly Ann's friends out there: how about offerring to finish the boys room while she's gone? I had friends who offerred to decorate for Christmas if I didn't get to it, which was a huge weight off my shoulders. . even though I ended up getting to it!

Just an idea!

Brandi

Emily said...

Even if you don't finish it all, it will all be OK :)