Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Shouting from the rooftop!

If this day gets any better, I will explode! Yesterday was one of the worst days I can remember, then today one of the best! I like today better!

Started off by having to call the Consular at the US Embassy which is one of the most frustrating tasks I have to do in life! After a week of trying to make contact, I finally am able to talk to her after losing it with the third person I talked to in the office. I really think she was convinced I was going postal and could get to her through the phone line! The Consular was very nice and appreciative of the way we handle our cases and we were able to set an appointment for Tuesday (Dec 18) for Toben's bio parents to come in and be interviewed. This is the last step for his process!

Then I call the local INS office whom I have not heard from them and the time frame they say to wait has lapsed! I explained that the Liberian government had everything ready to go and Toben would be ready to come home next Tuesday if all goes will with the Embassy. The officer was wonderful! Sent me the papers to get our fingerprints. Then when I checked e-mail this evening, saw that he had e-mailed again and wants me to e-mail him when we have done the finger prints so that he can be looking for them because he has reviewed our file and all is well!

Then to top it off, I got even MORE pictures of Eden! I tell you, it just doesn't get any better! Well, maybe a little better, John ended my day by bringing me flowers when he came home from work and taking me to dinner! Just a perfect day! Thank you, God!

So please pray with me that Toben's bio parents show up on Tuesday and answer all the questions of the Consular accurately. They have been through this process already when Toben's older brother was adopted in October. So I am fairly confident, but still a whole lot scared!

I realized today that I have not pictured Toben home....I have not played the home movies in my mind of walking off the plane with him in my arms...I did that for the first time this afternoon and the tears came in a flood! It may really happen this time! I just might have that little dark face in my family portrait that I have dreamed of! Oh God, let it be!

These are some pictures of pictures that my new and dear friend Kami took of pictures her friend took when she was in Liberia a couple of months ago. Kemi's friend went and saw Toben and loved on him for me. She said he had just woken up from a nap so hence the confused, sad look on his face! Thanks Kami for the pics!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I didn't know Toben was so close to coming home!

Many praises Hollyann!

YAY!

steffany said...

Hollyann,
I'm so excited for you and your family.

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

WOW! That is so great! I'm glad that you like the pictures, and even more glad that you call me your friend.