Monday, December 31, 2007

No time to wait....

I went shopping yesterday for the trip, well for Toben specifically! I found myself picking stuff up then putting it back and thinking, I will wait until closer to time to get that only to realize there is no more time to wait! I am amazed at how much blocking out I have done! When those moments come, it hits me like a truck! I have a baby boy coming home! Ok, so the case history still isn't done, but that is one piece of paper! I am traveling in three weeks (less than that now) to pick him up! So at this point the socks, underwear and clothes are no longer a dream or possible waist of time and money, but a necesity! Wow! So I washed the clothes yesterday and am starting to pack suitcases. I am determined not to procrastinate and be stressed out and sick before I leave! Since I have not emotionally experienced this adoption up to this point, I want to enjoy every second of the preparation process to travel! So the journey doesn't begin when I get on the plane, but rather right now! From now on, I am determined to enjoy the journey! Feel free to send me this post when I am whining later about part of the journey!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Yeah! Love the new layout. . it goes with the "enjoying the journey" mantra of today! Have so much fun preparing for your little guy!

Brandi

steffany said...

I'm so excited for you. Let the nesting begin